Beef fillet in red wine and balsamic vinegar
Dinner for two: beef fillets in a reduction of red wine and balsamic vinegar. The secret to cooking meat to perfection is to start at a high temperature.
- 2 beef fillets
- salt and pepper recently grinded to taste.
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons of dry red wine
- Salt and pepper on both sides of each fillet.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the fillets in the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the balsamic vinegar along with the red wine. Cover and cook for 4 minutes on each side, varnishing with the sauce when flipping the meat.
- Separate the fillets in two hot dishes and bathe with a spoonful of the reduction on each one. Serve immediately.